1Password Classic Issue

This discussion was created from comments split from: Need to Login Twice - Desktop App and Browser Extension.

Comments

• JoT
    JoT
    Community Member

Reviving this thread.
    As of 2021-06-08 the classic extension linked by Blake refuses to load because it does not recognize/trust the chrome browser. I unpacked the latest classic extension CRX file and loaded it in developer mode from the extracted extension folder.

If there is another procedure for getting the classic extension to run in Chrome, please do share how.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JoT:

What version of the Chrome browser are you using?

• JoT
    JoT
    Community Member

Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (arm64)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JoT:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have tested the classic extension in Chrome 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (x86_64) and I was able to make it work. I am not sure the difference between x86_64 and arm64 could make any difference here.

As of 2021-06-08 the classic extension linked by Blake refuses to load because it does not recognize/trust the chrome browser.

I looked at the original discussion in the forum and I don't see any links in Blake's post. Can you confirm you are trying to download the extension from here?

Get the 1Password classic extension

• JoT
    JoT
    Community Member

I was using the latest listed here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4
    Regarding reference, I likely mixed up the threads on this same topic in the forum.
    The extension you linked does install into the browser successfully. However it has trouble activating and remains grayed out.

The console log for the background page shows the following information:

1Password version 4.7.5 loaded @ Fri Jun 11 2021 10:40:35 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
    global.min.js:88 Finished loading auth configuration. Processing callbacks.
    global.min.js:97 [AGENT:NM] Unrecoverable state: Browser's runtime signature invalid (104)
    hangUp @ global.min.js:97
    global.min.js:105 [AGENT] Connection [object NativeMessagingConnection] disconnected.
    connectionDidDisconnect.jc @ global.min.js:105

Do please let me know if I can gather any additional information to help the team nail down what's not behaving as expected.

• @JoT

It might be useful for us to get a better look at what's happening on your PC. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report and send it to support@1password.com. We'll have a look and let you know what we find.

• JoT
    JoT
    Community Member

Done

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @JoT! Have you received a ticket number already?

• JoT
    JoT
    Community Member

Indeed, it just got fixed a few minutes ago. The root cause was the update treadmill. A pending macOS update prevented Chrome from updating, which in turn interfered with the 1Password extension activation. After updating everything and rebooting, the extension works as intended. Thanks for your support, and to Nhat for digging through the diagnostics report information.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @JoT! Glad to hear you were able to update and get back up and running with 1Password. :)

This discussion has been closed.