Bug: update dialog blocks full screen playback

Options
dplatonoff
dplatonoff
Community Member

Environment: iMac, Big Sur, Chrome, 1Password (all current versions).

The kid watches Netflix in full screen, logged into their own MacOS account. A modal "Update 1Password" prompt pops up, knocks it out of full screen and asks for admin credentials. The browser is no longer visible (or greyed out in some instances), but the video is still playing. Kid panics. Dismissing the dialog does not help because it comes back again in a few minutes. Happens every time 1Password detects an update.

Please:

• do not interrupt full screen playback
  • do not prompt to update in non-admin user accounts

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@dplatonoff Does this help?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dplatonoff:

vplewis sent a good suggestion: do you currently have 1Password in your non-admin account set to download and install updates automatically?

• dplatonoff
    dplatonoff
    Community Member
    Options

I agree that unchecking this option mediates the problem somewhat.

Yet still, should it be enabled by default on non-admin accounts? I mean, if the user cannot approve the install, why even ask?
    And interrupting the fullscreen playback also happens on admin accounts, is there a way to remedy that?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dplatonoff:

At the moment I am not aware of a way to change this behavior, but I have passed your feedback to the developers. I know this has been discussed before, so this is something they are aware of ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#637

This discussion has been closed.