Start desktop session through the Mobile / Tablet App

Options
ignavago
ignavago
Community Member

Hi.

Would there be any way to implement open the user session of the desktop / browser extension, but using one of the portable devices such as a mobile phone or a tablet using the fingerprint option?

Mobile / tablets have either a finger scanner or an image (face ID or similar technology). While not all computers or desktop devices (for example computers, with Windows / Linux / MacOS) have the fingerprint option, although some do have a webcam.

You could send a petition to another application of these devices from the desktop to be able to open comfortably. Many have complicated keys to login, and this would be a way to improve safety and do at the same time simple use of applications on the desktop.

You could also use something, locally, to check that it is the user who tries to open the session. For example through the webcam and that the program detects some custom key form for each user, without staying these keys on remote servers, only on the client's computer, for greater security.

I hope the suggestion may be useful.

Regards...
Ignacio.

P.D.:
Sorry for my English. This is automatically translated. I only speak Spanish of Spain.
I also leave my message in Spanish in case any of those who are here understand better what I want to say. ^_^

Spanish version:

Hola:

¿Habría alguna forma de implementar abrir la sesión de usuario de la aplicación para escritorio/extensión de navegador, pero utilizando uno de los dispositivos portátiles como un móvil o una tableta mediante la opción de huella dactilar?

Los móviles/tabletas tienen o bien un escáner dactilar o uno de imagen (Face ID o tecnología similar). Mientras que no todos los ordenadores u aparatos de sobremesa (por ejemplo ordenadores, con Windows/Linux/MacOS) tienen la opción de huella dactilar, aunque algunos sí tienen una cámara web.

Se podría enviar una petición a otra aplicación de éstos dispositivos desde el escritorio para poder abrir sesión cómodamente. Muchos tenemos claves complicadas para iniciar sesión, y esto sería una forma de mejorar la seguridad y hacer al mismo tiempo sencillo el uso de las aplicaciones en el escritorio.

También se podría usar algo, de forma local, para comprobar que es el usuario el que intenta abrir la sesión. por ejemplo a través de la webcam y que el programa detecte alguna forma de clave personalizada para cada usuario, sin que esté alojado estas claves en servidores remotos, solo en el ordenador del cliente, para mayor seguridad.

Espero que la sugerencia les pueda resultar útil.

Saludos...
Ignacio

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ignavago!

You could send a petition to another application of these devices from the desktop to be able to open comfortably. Many have complicated keys to login, and this would be a way to improve safety and do at the same time simple use of applications on the desktop.

I am not sure I understand the suggestion, but are you referring to a simple way to use 1Password to login to other apps on your mobile devices?

= Google Translate

Se podría enviar una petición a otra aplicación de éstos dispositivos desde el escritorio para poder abrir sesión cómodamente. Muchos tenemos claves complicadas para iniciar sesión, y esto sería una forma de mejorar la seguridad y hacer al mismo tiempo sencillo el uso de las aplicaciones en el escritorio.

No estoy seguro de haber entendido la sugerencia, pero ¿se refiere a una forma sencilla de usar 1Password para iniciar sesión en otras aplicaciones en sus dispositivos móviles?

• ignavago
    ignavago
    Community Member
    Options

I refer to a simple way to authorize access to the desktop application using a mobile device that has fingerprint, face ID or similar biometric technology.

The process would be like this:

1. Start desktop application (on the computer: Windows / Linux / MacOS).
    2. Press on an icon to log in, which makes a notification / notice to the mobile app jump.
    3. From the mobile, allow access, by footprint or what has a configuration on your device.
    4. Then you have access to the application of the desktop and you can do what you need on the computer.

This would be more comfortable than writing each x times the complicated password that the user has from the desktop.
    It would be more intuitive and transparent.

Another option would be, through webcam on the computer, which is taken a picture and through some algorithm or security implementation, key points are taken to be able to unlock from the computer itself with it. It is likely that this would be more complicated to implement than to use what it already works from the mobile app.

Regards...
    Ignacio

Spanish version:

Me refiero a una forma sencilla de autorizar el acceso a la aplicación de escritorio empleando un dispositivo móvil que tenga huella dactilar, face id o similares tecnología biométricas.

El proceso seria así:

1. Poner aplicación de escritorio (en el ordenador: Windows / Linux / macOS).
    2. Pulsar sobre un icono para iniciar sesión, que haga saltar una notificación/aviso a la App del móvil.
    3. Desde el móvil, permitir el acceso, por huella o lo que tenga uno configuración en su dispositivo.
    4. Entonces tienes acceso a la aplicación del escritorio y puedes hacer lo que necesites.

Esto sería mas cómodo que escribir cada X veces la contraseña enrevesada que tenga el usuario desde el escritorio.
    Sería mas intuitivo y transparente.

Otra opción sería, mediante WebCam en el ordenador, que se le tome una fotografía y mediante algún algoritmo o implementación de seguridad, se tomen puntos clave para poder desbloquear desde el propio ordenador con ésta. Es probable que esto fuera más complicado de implementar que usar lo que ya funciona desde la app móvil.

Saludos...
    Ignacio

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

On macOS you can already do that using your Apple Watch.

Super nice feature!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ignavago:

Indeed, while you cannot use the mobile device directly to do what you are suggesting, there are already some alternatives as XIII mentioned. If you are on a Mac, you can unlock 1Password with your Apple Watch:

Use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password on your Mac

If you have a Mac with Touch ID, you can also use that as an option to unlock 1Password more quickly:

Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your Mac

And if you are on Windows, you can use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password:

Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC

= Google Translate

De hecho, si bien no puede usar el dispositivo móvil directamente para hacer lo que está sugiriendo, ya existen algunas alternativas como mencionó XIII. Si está en una Mac, puede desbloquear 1Password con su Apple Watch:

Usa tu Apple Watch para desbloquear 1Password en tu Mac

Si tiene una Mac con Touch ID, también puede usarla como una opción para desbloquear 1Password más rápidamente:

Use Touch ID para desbloquear 1Password en su Mac

Y si está en Windows, puede usar Windows Hello para desbloquear 1Password:

Use Windows Hello para desbloquear 1Password en su PC con Windows

This discussion has been closed.