Cannot sign-in on Mac app with Master Password but can sign-in IOS : 2021 version

Options
RB113
RB113
Community Member

I know this has been addressed in an earlier conversation, now closed, which ended in a private diagnostics report:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/394379#Comment_394379

I have an additional symptom, but I believe the same cause:

The problem is in the title, exactly, can't sign in on Mac but can on Iphone. I'm pretty sure I have two versions of q password, like the previous support question, but with some twists:

Recently I had to reformat both the Mac and the ios devices. And I did not restore from a backup of the Mac (long story). I also erased all my ios devices, and downloaded the 1password app from the cloud.

1. First: After the re-install of the OS on the Mac, I've re-installed 1password 7.7.6, reinstalled it with aversion downloaded from this website (I cannot remember if my original was from the App store or not), and it came up, waited for the password, I gave it, and it immediately shut down. Second: I then uninstalled 1Password, threw it in the trash, emptied trash, rebooted, got a fresh one from this website, same thing.

2. Even before this, perhaps after I was messing with different syncing methods, the "master" pw on ios differed than the "master" password on the Mac. Nonetheless, the data in 1password synced.

3. The original master password is the one on the Mac, and is the one I sign in to my1password. Which also has the pw data (thank God).

That's it, amigos, and thanks for any help.

RB

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Big Sur 11.4
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• RB113
    RB113
    Community Member
    Options

PS to above original post: the release number of the 1password version is no doubt wrong; the version i was using up to the reinstall today probably differed. The one I had been using I installed a few years ago.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RB113!

It indeed sounds like you are using multiple vaults, and probably multiple versions of the 1Password app, configured differently. Does your iOS app have the updated version of your items?

• RB113
    RB113
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana, thanks for the reply--

1. The ios app has the most recent ones since everything was reinstalled, late April.
    2. It also has a few additional pw I imported from Abine Blur to the Mac app, back when it appeared briefly.
    3. Since my note above, I did (I thought) a more thorough uninstall from Mac by and killing hunting down all the system files as listed elsewhere here (preferences, extensions, etc.);
    4. syncing: icloud preferences--I stopped the sync to drop the sync; dropbox--(which also was operating somehow), is off now because the entire account was stopped.
    5. W/ such a clean slate (in my thought), after reboot, I reinstalled from a fresh download from here. At the last second of install, after it's passed though all the stages, it says "[something something can't install, contact you guys"].

It's like I broke a key off in the lock...

rob

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RB113:

It sounds like something got damaged during the cleanup, perhaps when you removed the files manually. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• RB113
    RB113
    Community Member
    Options

OK, Done:

[#GKQ-13132-211]

• @RB113

I was able to locate your message. It looks as if my colleague Dave replied not long ago. Please follow up with him.

ref:GKQ-13132-211

This discussion has been closed.