1PW 8 Early Access - Cant add account

Chaza218
Chaza218
Community Member

Getting stuck on this screen for ages, then kicked back with "Can't add your account". Tried logging in from the web and manually entering account details. I also tried with 1password 7 installed and after uninstalling it. Account is working fine on browser etc.

Have tried on broadband connection and 4G hotspot!

Thanks

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2021

Hi @Chaza218,

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue signing in.

Are you using a network proxy or is multi-factor authentication enabled for your 1Password account like Duo?

• Chaza218
    Chaza218
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

Hi Mike,

I am not. After hitting "Reload" in the view menu I could see the account picture but the password prompt still didnt work. Then re-tried adding via the browser and it worked, but the UI looked different that time (Pop up window instead of the "flat" style in the above screenshot)

It then logged me in and was just about to post.

• Blake
    edited June 2021

@Chaza218

Just to confirm, were you able to eventually sign into your 1Password Account successfully?

I tried seeing if I could reproduce this behavior on my end, and no luck here.

• Chaza218
    Chaza218
    Community Member

It did work in the end, and worked fine from my PC at home. Realise it may be hard to reproduce, apologies. Are there any log files I can share that may be of use?

• Since you were able to sign-in, I think we can likely chalk this one up as likely being a network-related error.

That said, in the event you run into this again, generate and send a diagnostics report:

1. Open up 1Password 8 for Windows, click the three horizontal bars top-left corner of the app, click File and then Settings from the dropdown menu.
    2. Switch to the Advanced page, and click Send Diagnostics.
    3. Click Reveal to show the diagnostics report in the filesystem. Copy that file, and attach it in an email to support+windows@1password.com

• knelson
    knelson
    Community Member

@MikeT I am unable to login to my corporate 1Password account which is DUO enforced. After upgrading to the (Windows, released) 1Password 8 I get my two accounts listed with + symbols next to them. I can get the personal (my.1password.com) account to authenticate/authorize fine. But my company (company.1password.com) opens up our DUO authentication, I do the DUO push authorization and then it opens up the login page (in the browser again/still) asking either just for the password for an account already established in the browser or for the email/secret key and password trio.

After going through this procedure, the v8 'Sign In' seems to recognize that the browser part is done in that the display changes slightly but then it just spins and eventually times out with a message "We weren't able to sign in to your account..." and suggests the login info is incorrect (which it obviously wouldn't be because the web-based portions all checked out).

I am seeing this on three different computers so it doesn't . I've also tried to remove 1Password entirely and re-installing and the behavior is the same.

I assume this has something to do with the fact that our company account has the DUO integration (especially since you specifically asked about that in response to Chaza218's issue. Is there some 'trick' required to authenticate when DUO is involved?

This discussion has been closed.