No Way To Logout + Sorting Icon + Search Bar Alignment + Darker Borders?

Options

Just some things I noticed so far:

1. Not sure if this is intentional or if I just cannot find it, but there seems to be no way to log out of the EA version.

2. The sorting icon does not change when you change the sort, which looks kind of weird and not inline with sorting in pretty much any other application or website. Usually the arrow flips and so does the ordering of the bars (shortest to longest flipping to longest to shortest). If the sorting icon won't change, I'd make the arrow bi-directional instead of having it only point one way.

3. The search bar not being centered is...distracting. :)

4. I wish we could get a high contrast mode. I know being Apple people that ya'll hate contrast, but I do wish some of the gray borders and text were a little darker.

Otherwise, I am very happy so far. Markdown support has finally arrived on Windows!!!! I also like the way the editing screen changes. I do hope you'll get around to making a mini that's great just like on macOS that we can summon with a keyboard shortcut anywhere so I don't have to be reliant on 1Password in the browser.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi @andmade, thanks for presenting these observations and suggestions, we really appreciate it! 🙂

We've followed up on what you've said here. Having done so, here's an update for you on where things currently stand:

Not sure if this is intentional or if I just cannot find it, but there seems to be no way to log out of the EA version.

You're right - this feature hasn't been implemented yet. It's not a permanent design decision, just a marker of where things currently are in development.

For now, you can deauthorize your device via https://my.1password.com, and it will remove the account from 1Password 8 for Windows.

The sorting icon does not change when you change the sort, which looks kind of weird and not inline with sorting in pretty much any other application or website. Usually the arrow flips and so does the ordering of the bars (shortest to longest flipping to longest to shortest). If the sorting icon won’t change, I’d make the arrow bi-directional instead of having it only point one way.

This is a great point! We will make our team aware so we can get this corrected. 👍

The search bar not being centered is...distracting.

This is true in some circumstances it seems... 🤔

The search bar attempts to center itself based on how big you’ve decided to make the app. You’re right though, it’s not entirely centered, especially when in full-screen mode.

I’ll pass this along to the team as well to see what we can do about this.

I wish we could get a high contrast mode. I know being Apple people that ya’ll hate contrast, but I do wish some of the gray borders and text were a little darker.

Thanks to you, we have filed this as a feature request! We’re big on accessibility here at 1Password, and I’m sure there’s lot of folks who would love to see this (literally).

Thank you again for sharing your observations with us! It's always a pleasure to take on this kind of feedback to see how we can make things better. 😀

This discussion has been closed.