How to export JSON key stored in 1Password to Mac desktop?

machineage11
machineage11
Community Member

I am working with a Web3 wallet that requires you to drag your JSON key from the desktop (or select a desktop folder from a dropdown menu).
Currently I am running 1Password7 on latest Mac OS
I do not run 1Password extension
I stored my JSON key in a login template on 1Password.
Export function not visible for the login page containing JSON
The Mac Share button is not configured to share to desktop. I'm not certain if this is possible.
What to do?

1Password Version: 7.86
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @machineage11

I'm may not be understanding the issue, but you can export your single Login item as 1PIF (which is JSON).

Select the item, use File > Export > Selected Items...

Name the folder whatever you want, and inside you'll have a JSON-based 1PIF file. After each entry, there will be a string:

***5642bee8-a5ff-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66***

Your Web3 wallet program may or may not handle this - if it does not, just remove that line (for a single item). If you have multiple items exported, and the Web3 wallet program doesn't handle 1Password's item separators, you'll have to find out what format the Web3 wallet program requires.

• machineage11
    machineage11
    Community Member

Thank you for the speedy reply. Unfortunately, File > Export > Selected item is not an option. This is greyed out on my interface. Another setting?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@machineage11

Make sure you have the appropriate vault selected. All Vaults does not allow export.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed @machineage11, make sure you select one vault at the time before you select File > Export :+1:

This discussion has been closed.