Edit Unavailable Via Mini

Not sure if this is intentional or not. Edit button on Mini is greyed out, but I can open the 1PW app to accomplish an edit.

1Password Version: 8.10-45
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @VirgilBoy 👋

1Password Mini doesn't exist within 1Password 8 for Windows, could you take a screenshot and help us understand what you're seeing?

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

My bad! The browser extension...

• Blake
    edited June 2021

Hmm. Strange. Everything seems in working order here on our end.

Can you restart Edge, and then try editing an item from 1Password in your Browser again?

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

Still the same.....click on Edit and the browser extension window disappears. The same for any item I test with

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

I just tried FireFox and same issue

• If after you click "Edit" in 1Password in your Browser, and then it disappears, it's sounding like 1Password for Windows isn't receiving focus.

Try checking to see if 1Password for Windows is open in the background after the extension disappears, open it up, and see if the entry is in edit mode within the app.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

Just did a test, and it actually opened up 1PW on the web, showing the item I was trying to edit. Haven't seen that before. The 1PW app is not running. I closed it with X.

I did something regarding 1PW (in another post). Mike gave me this to try : Can you try opening the Windows run command Windows Key + R and type in 1Password.exe setup and press enter, followed by a reboot of your device to see if this helps? Thanks!

I am wondering if this has caused Edit to open in my browser....

• Hmm. That's definitely super strange. Re-running setup does re-establish some of the processes that 1Password in your Browser uses to communicate with 1Password 8 for Windows, so it's highly possible that might have done something on that end.

Let's go ahead grab the logs from the 1Password desktop app, so I can see what's going on behind-the-scenes. To generate and send a diagnostics report:

1. Open up 1Password 8 for Windows, click the three horizontal bars top-left corner of the app, click File and then Settings from the dropdown menu.
    2. Switch to the Advanced page, and click Send Diagnostics.
    3. Click Reveal to show the diagnostics report in the filesystem. Copy that file, and attach it in an email to support+windows@1password.com

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

In Vivaldi browser with browser extension 2.0.2 the edit button opens 1Password 8, and I'm able to edit the entry.
    Just my 2 cents... ;)

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

File sent

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @VirgilBoy! Have you received a ticket number already?

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

No, not yet. Just a request from Blake to send the diagnostic report

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@VirgilBoy:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: I see that my colleague Mike already replied to you, so I will let you continue the conversation over there :)

ref: FUE-69231-785

This discussion has been closed.