Unable to Login to Existing Account from Linux

mjudman
mjudman
Community Member

I installed the beta as directed for Debian and Ubuntu (I'm on Ubuntu). When launched, the Welcome screen gives two choices, "Visit 1Password.com to Sign in" and "Enter account details manually."

For the first choice the screen says, "Are you signed in to your account anywhere else?" I click on Computer and open 1Password on my Mac. Then I click on the big blue button reading "Open 1Password" which just brings me back to the initial Welcome pop-up.

When I enter the account details manually, (leaving the Sign-in address as the default https://my.1password.com), including the long secret key, and click the Sign in button, it looks like it's doing something but then just returns to the manual entry screen.

Both ways, no successful login. Advice please.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @mjudman, welcome to the 1Password Community! I'm very sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your account added to the 1Password for Linux beta , but I'll be glad to help you get it sorted out.

To help diagnose this issue, I'll need to collect some information that is best not shared in a public forum - let's continue the conversation over email. Could you send an email to support@1password.com, and reply back here with the conversation ID that the automated reply gives you? It should look something like this: #ABC-12345-678.

Once I've received that code, I can track down your email and we can get to work. :smile:

• We were able to get things up and running for @mjudman. :chuffed:

For those who are experiencing a similar issue, try adding the account to your app from the browser using the steps in the Support guide below:
    How to add your 1Password account to the apps

Feel free to reach out if I can offer any assistance. :smile:

• dwtompkins
    dwtompkins
    Community Member

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. No matter what I try, I'm receiving the error "Can't sign in. Check your sign-in details and try again".

• dwtompkins
    dwtompkins
    Community Member

I've followed the instructions from the link provided above in order to autofill everything but my master password (which I'm quite sure I'm putting in correctly). I'm still able to login just fine through the browser as I normally would.

• dwtompkins
    dwtompkins
    Community Member

1Password: 8.0.34

• @dwtompkins

I'm really sorry you're running into this issue with 1Password - to get things back up and running, let's continue this conversation over email. Could you send me an email at support+linux@1password.com?

Within that email, please attach a zipped copy of 1Password's logs folder, which is located here: ~/.config/1Password/logs.

After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

• dwtompkins
    dwtompkins
    Community Member

Thanks for you help, it seems the conflict with Duo Mobile is the issue. The beta version is working as expected and sends a 2FA push to Duo from the browser.

• @dwtompkins Not a problem, I'm glad to hear things are working for you now! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.