1Password-Password Manager Chrome Plugin Not signing in/syncing with desktop client (MDM)

Options
darkfluid
darkfluid
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I need some help, I'm finding the following behavior and trying to figure out if I'm missing something or if there is a fix.
Scenario 1:
1. install and login to desktop client (either through desktop or MDM)
2. install plugin to chrome manually
3. watch browser window tell me it is syncing (welcome screen)
4. browser plug works with no sign in, so long as I'm signed into the desktop client

Scenario 2:
1. install and login to desktop client (either through desktop or MDM)
2. install plugin to chrome via MDM push
4. browser plug works but doesn't sync sign in with desktop client...behaves like old 1PasswordX client with completely independent authentication from the desktop client

Goal...push desktop client and browser plugin both via MDM and have single sign in between the two (sync)

FYI..the legacy browser plugin works (single sign on) using either of the two scenarios above

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1password for business cloud

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @darkfluid 👋

Thanks for getting in touch. Scenario 1 sounds like expected behavior. I've never had anything installed via MDM push, but I'm happy to help troubleshoot and see if we can't get things working for you.

First off, could you give your computer a restart? I just want to get that troubleshooting step out of the way before we dive too deep. After your computer boots back up, go ahead and test the connection between 1Password in your browser and the 1Password desktop app. If it's still not working, would you mind grabbing a copy of your log? You can find our guide that explains how here: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

If you don't mind posting your log here in the forum, you're welcome to. If you feel more comfortable sending it via email, you can send it to support+x@1password.com along with a link to this forum post.

Let me know what you find!

• darkfluid
    darkfluid
    Community Member
    Options

Well....realized the system was actually on 7.8.1, pushed the 7.8.6 update via MDM and it's working now. Sorry for the false alarm...looks like it was just a versioning issue.

• @darkfluid

We're glad to hear everything is working after the update. If you encounter any other issues, feel free to reach back out. :)

This discussion has been closed.