Problem Updating passwords

Today I received a Watchtower alert for wegmans.com. I attempted to update the password, the normal way using one password entering the old password, and the newly generated (Suggested) password for the site. Before I can actually hit the save button I'm logged into the site, and the update pop-up is closed. This is a problem because I don't know the password and now One Password didn't save it. without a password history, not in my clipboard I'm unable to login. Reset procedure, I had to generate a new password and copy & paste it into the fields and manually update my password inside the one-password.

Can we set the update popup so it doesn't close automatically?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.6 (70806001)
Extension Version: 2.03 (Chrome)
OS Version: mac os 11.4
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @DBLClick 👋

Just a heads up for if this does happen to you again, you can always obtain previously generated passwords, as long as they're generated by 1Password. Here's a guide on how to do that: https://support.1password.com/recover-unsaved-password/

As far as the save dialog closing on you, that's not something I've come across before. Would you mind providing the website where this happened to you? I'd love to do some testing on my end to see if I get the same results. I do know that pressing the escape key will close the save dialog, but it shouldn't be closing without any input from the user.

Let me know, I'm here to help!

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

Ah thank you, i didn't see that option. Always something new.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DBLClick – There's always more to learn, right? 🙈 I'm glad I could help! If the issue comes up again, you know where to find us. :)

This discussion has been closed.