Autofill shortcut not working properly on Mac + Chrome (Cmd+Ç)

Options
federicodepro
federicodepro
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I have 1password desktop and im having trouble with autofill keyboard shortcut using 1 password Chrome extension. I´m not being able to autofill with my regular shortcut config as shown in the video.... tha app behaviour is not normal and changed a few weeks ago.

I have tried restarting the browser, updating the version of the Desktop App and the extension (both of the are on the latest release), also restarting the mac. Nothing seems to solve the issue.

I have also tried to re-configure the shortcut setting but something smells as a bug here.

I leave a few pictures with some captures of the apps versions and configs im using and a video reproducing the error

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: OS X 11.4
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @federicodepro 👋

Thanks for the detailed report! It seems like 1Password in your browser and 1Password for Mac are having a hard time connecting. Could you try the following steps for me and let me know if the behavior changes?

1. While holding down the alt/option ⌥ key, click on the 1Password icon in the macOS menubar at the top of the screen. Select the menu option "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Right click on Chrome in your Dock, and select Quit.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Chrome.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

• federicodepro
    federicodepro
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi @kaitlyn. I followed the steps. Didnt work.

The app still seems to still not recognize the extension even when restarting de desktop app and chrome. :blush:

I have already tried deleting and reinstalling the extension. SHould I try by deleting and reinstalling the Desktop App?

• federicodepro
    federicodepro
    Community Member
    Options

I´ve tried reinstalliong the Desktop App. Now it seems to connect. But when 1password is locked, if i hit the sortcut nothing happens. The app doesnt show the unlock screen

• ag_chantelle
    edited June 2021
    Options

@federicodepro

You're right, the new version of 1Password for your browser makes use of the keyboard shortcuts in a different way. I'll do my best to outline their functions here:

The previous version of 1Password for your browser (also known as the 1Password classic extension) made use of the CMD+\ (or in your case CMD+Ç) shortcut for two functions:

1. If you have a single Login item saved for the site you are on the shortcut will autofill your credentials.
    2. If you have multiple Login items saved for the site you are on the shortcut will toggle the 1Password pop up and allow you to choose the Login you wish to fill.

The new version of 1Password for your browser will still support the keyboard shortcut, however it is limited to autofilling credentials only if you have a single Login item saved for the site you are on.

When you have multiple items saved in 1Password for the site you are on you can either:

1. Use SHIFT+CMD+X to unlock or toggle the extension and allow you to choose the Login you wish to fill.
      OR
    2. Use the the inline menu feature (the blue icon in the login field) to fill directly from the login form.

Let me know how it goes, or if you have any questions.

• Crichtonhall
    Crichtonhall
    Community Member
    Options

If you have a single Login item saved for the site you are on the shortcut will autofill your credentials.
    If you have multiple Login items saved for the site you are on the shortcut will toggle the 1Password pop up and allow you to choose the Login you wish to fill.

I had all of those problems for a few weeks and then installed a new update in the past couple of days so that the functionality described above works but I'm not shown ALL OF THE MULTIPLE LOGIN ITEMS, only 2 of the 5 or so...

It seems that every time there is an update, there is a change in procedure and I'd rather it stay the same. I'm having to manually search in the whole vault and then copy and paste the username and pwd into the correct fields.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Crichtonhall – I wonder if you have some Logins stored within a 1Password account and some stored in a standalone vault. 🤔 It's definitely not normal for some to appear and some not to. I'd suggest reaching out via email so we can take a look at your specific setup. The forum is great for general issues, but this does seem to be specific to your setup. If you don't mind, could you send a diagnostics report to support+x@1password.com? My team can take a look and determine the best way to move forward. For a guide on obtaining your diagnostics report, check out this page: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

• federicodepro
    federicodepro
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi all!

@ag_chantelle as you can see in the image below, I have only 1 Login saved for the website im using. Despite having only 1 login if 1password is Locked the shortcut Cmd+Ç doesnt work. If i explicitly unlock de extension or the app. Then the shortcut works.

The previos behaviour was that if 1password was locked the shortcut ask me to athenticate by TouchId or MasterPassword.

• federicodepro
    federicodepro
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with @Crichtonhall that it´s not the first time that a change in shortcut behaviour suddenly occurs after updating app or extension.

Its pretty annoyning that this change occurs without any guidance to the user.

• ag_chantelle
    edited June 2021
    Options

@federicodepro

As you can see in the image below, I have only 1 Login saved for the website im using. Despite having only 1 login if 1password is Locked the shortcut Cmd+Ç doesnt work. If i explicitly unlock de extension or the app. Then the shortcut works.
    The previos behaviour was that if 1password was locked the shortcut ask me fot my TouchId or MasterPassword.

That's correct. Cmd+Ç will only work to fill a single item. If 1Password is locked, SHIFT+CMD+X will toggle the extension and prompt you to unlock. Once unlocked Cmd+Ç will work as expected.

Let me know if this is not the case and we can investigate further.

• federicodepro
    federicodepro
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

Ok. Then what i said is correct. The shortcut behaviour changed without any tip to the user.

Who at 1Password thought that 2 different shortcuts for 1 thing would be better than 1?

Really annoying dont you think?

• @federicodepro

You're right. Shortcut behaviour is entirely different in the new version of 1Password for your browser. We are still actively working on aligning these as we continue to fine-tune integration with the desktop app. I do apologize for the disruption to your workflow here.

• federicodepro
    federicodepro
    Community Member
    Options

Hope you improve this!

Anyway @ag_chantelle thanks for you quick response. At least the support works well :P

• @federicopro

We're always happy to help. Sorry we couldn't find an immediate solution for you. Hopefully we'll see some improvements in the near future.

This discussion has been closed.