Browser extension in Chrome just keeps Loading...

Before the last update of the browser extension, everything worked perfectly. I'm using Chrome and the majority of the time when I try to unlock 1Password in the browser, it just keeps saying Loading with the spinning icon and never goes anywhere. Thankfully the Windows 1Password app does work so I can at least use my account, but the majority of the time I'm in the browser. What can I do to get the browser extension working all the time?

1Password Version: 7.7.807
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Win 10.0.19042
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @dcwebman !

Did you try to completely remove the extension from the browser, restart the browser and reinstall the extension?

• dcwebman
    dcwebman
    Community Member

I did what you said and so far, so good. Thanks!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Good to know that it worked! Have fun with 1PW! :)

• ag_chantelle
    edited June 2021

@dcwebman

If you encounter any other issues, feel free to message back and we'll get right on it. I hope you'll have smooth sailing from here on out though! :)

• petholla
    petholla
    Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the same issue since the Chrome extension was upgraded to 2.x recently. I tried uninstalling the extension, restarting the browser and re-installing as it was recommended in this thread but it just happened again today. Usually when I enter the password using the Ctrl+Shift+X shortcut from a password field nothing happens, so I then try logging in through the extension icon but then it's just 'loading...'. I'm always using the latest Chrome version and never had this problem before 2.x.

Thanks,
    Peter

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@petholla:

Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• petholla
    petholla
    Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Seems like it's the same (or very similar) issue as the other thread with the log collection links. To be honest I didn't even remember I had the desktop app installed anymore, I thought I just had the extension.

I managed to reproduce the problem by restarting Chrome with integration enabled in the extension and then going to a site with a login/password field. I think it opens the desktop app's window first with an 'open 1password' button. If I press the button and enter my master password nothing seems to happen and then if I click on the extension icon it just shows the loading... message. I managed to work around it by just disabling the integration as recommended in the linked post.

I've sent the logs, ticket number is #TGQ-78483-685.

Thanks,
    Peter

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@petholla:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: TGQ-78483-685

• adishong
    adishong
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

I have been having same issue with Windows 10 Pro and Chrome extension on my home desktop but work PC works fine. I tired removing and resetting chrome but no joy.

-Same versions of Chrome and extension

-Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 - Works Fine
    -Windows 10 Pro 2004 - Does not work properly, takes 3+ min sometimes 10 min to get loading message to show password info. Attaching screenshot

I have since updated to an eval version but it does same thing. Also have tried Beta for 1Password App but that doesn't update extension.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@adishong:

Can you confirm the exact versions of the 1Password for Windows app and of the 1Password browser extension?

• adishong
    adishong
    Community Member

1Password on work and home are:

App:Was 7.7.802 but moved to Beta 7.7.810 to see if that would fix but nope.
    Ext: 2.02

• adishong
    adishong
    Community Member

BTW I don't have this issue with macOS works flawlessly

• macbwilson
    macbwilson
    Community Member

Hey @ag_ana & the 1password team,

I am in the same boat, the chrome extension just keeps spinning (loading) on windows 10. This seems to have started within the last 7-10 days.

Chrome Version: Version 91.0.4472.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    1password chrome extension version: 2.0.2

On a side note, this app has been a gamechanger as I currently manage 922 separate logins across my work and personal life, keep up the great work!

• macbwilson
    macbwilson
    Community Member

Interesting, my Chrome browser just updated to:
    Version 91.0.4472.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1password browser extension seems to be working now... I will monitor and advise next week.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update and for the kind words @macbwilson! I am happy to hear that things are working fine for you once again :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@adishong:

Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• CTG_Ops
    CTG_Ops
    Community Member

For what it's worth, I saw the same issue on my Win10 laptop in both Firefox (1P version 2.0.2) and Chrome (version 4.7.5.90?). 1Password for Windows version 7.7.810. I removed and reinstalled the Chrome extension (now showing 2.0.2) and it now works on BOTH browsers. The strange and mysterious world of the Internet ....

Firefox extension 2.0.2 on my Mac has been working fine, though it did complain about not being able to launch at startup this morning. Meh. It apparently got over it.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@CTG_Ops – Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that removing and reinstalling the Chrome extension ended up working for you. We'll keep that in mind in case anyone else runs into a similar issue.

• adishong
    adishong
    Community Member

ok I emailed it BTW, reinstalling doesn't work for me.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much, @adishong! Let's continue the conversation via email, if you don't mind. :)

ref: QWZ-28847-413

• macbwilson
    macbwilson
    Community Member

Hmm got the error again.

• macbwilson
    macbwilson
    Community Member

I'm happy to open a ticket. I've collected logs which I am wondering if I should post here or over email?

• ag_chantelle
    edited June 2021

@macbwilson

If you could kindly send along the log and diagnostics to support+x@1password.com and link the current discussion. We'll have a look and let you know what we find.

ref: EBK-25416-638

• KnnNike
    KnnNike
    Community Member

ugh, came here to say I'm having the same problem, except on Microsoft Edge. It seems that there's an issue with the extension and chromium-based browsers...I keep getting directed to 'unlock 1password in the browser' but when I do, it get stuck on 'loading'. This wasn't happening before the most recent update

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KnnNike:

For confirmation, what version of the 1Password app and of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

• adishong
    adishong
    Community Member

Turning off “Integrate with 1Password app” fixes it but once you turn it back on it happens again.

• KnnNike
    KnnNike
    Community Member

@ag_ana app is 7.7.8.10. Browser extension is 2.0.1.

Sometimes turning the extension off/on fixes things for a bit, as does uninstalling/reinstalling. But this never happened prior to v2.0 of the browser extension

• @KnnNike

You might have some better luck with our beta version of 1Password. If you're open to giving it a try, you can install it from here. Let me know how it goes!

• wedward
    wedward
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue "Loading" spinning and long delays to unlock when it does work. Even when logged into the 1Password site which usually fixed this. I know you guys need logs and details, but has there been any feedback on the issue you can post here or is there a link to the issue in general?
    My browser is Brave - Version 1.26.67 Chromium: 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Extension - version 2.0.2
    App 7.7.810

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wedward:

I see that you are running the stable version of 1Password in the browser. Have you already given the beta a try, as per the suggestion of my colleague Chantelle above your message?

This discussion has been closed.