1PW 7.8.6 is being "verified" forever (no progress)

Options
DaveKi
DaveKi
Community Member

This comes after auto-updating from 7.8.5. In addition there was a message telling me that 1PW will no longer work with my Brave browser since it will only work with properly signed software (in order to "protect" me). Maybe that's a clue. At any rate, the Apple verification thingy (privacy and security icon to the left) started and is stuck at the very begining. Should I cancel the process or what would you recommend?
Thank you.

• David

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DaveKi!

I would try stopping the process and trying to update again. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then check for updates again under 1Password Preferences > Updates tab?

• DaveKi
    DaveKi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana, I did a restart since the verification process couldn't be quit (force quit wd probably have worked, but I thought a restart would be cleaner). 1Password is now up-to-date and everything seems to be fine. Cheers.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @DaveKi! I am glad to hear this :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• aah_03087
    aah_03087
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing happened to me. I re-booted as well and all seems fine. But why did the verification get stuck, and what does that mean?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aah_03087:

It's difficult to say why it got stuck now after a reboot fixed things. This blog post has some details on this Apple feature.

This discussion has been closed.