Browser extension constantly asks for me to sign in

Options

Prior to one of the latest updates (I can't recall which one), I was able to sign into the browser extension and be good for the rest of the work day. Now, I sign in and it seems to time out and forget me within 30 min (or less). I also noticed that the autofill when I click on empty password fields no longer works. I have to click on the extension and hit autofill from there. I have tried uninstalling the extension, clearing cache and then reinstalling to no avail. I also have the desktop version as well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 7.7.810
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hunney!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using? I noticed you only included the version of the 1Password for Windows app.

• Hunney
    Hunney
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana This might be part of the problem. I'm using it in Chrome, but when I check the version from my Chrome menu, it shows me "1Password for Windows" and the version number I included. I can't seem to find a browser extension version. The reason I use both the browser app and desktop version is sometimes I need to retrieve the password to give to somebody else or use in a teamviewer type scenario and it's easier to do in the windows app vs the browser.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hunney:

Let's take a look at your auto-lock settings in the extension then. Can you please post a screenshot of what you see in there? Here is what it looks like on my system:

• Hunney
    Hunney
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Could you direct me on how you got to that screenshot? I clicked around and don't see anything like this on the browser extension. When I go to settings in the extension, the only options i see are "automatically install updates" and "include beta builds"

• Hunney
    Hunney
    Community Member
    Options

• @Hunney

Depending on which version you have the method is different. The best way to verify which version of 1Password you are using is to paste chrome://extensions in your browser address bar. This will open to installed extensions where you can verify the version. Let us know and we'll be happy to help!

• dannybloe
    dannybloe
    Community Member
    Options

I have exaclty the same problem. I am running 2.0.2 and there is no setting for auto-lock. Running latest Chrome on Big Sur.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dannybloe

If you have 1Password 2.0.2 in your browser, you can right click its icon on the top right corner of Chrome (might be hiding inside the grey puzzle piece icon) and select "Settings" to get to its settings page.

Under the "Security" section you should see if there are options to control the auto-lock settings or if it says that the security settings are handled via the 1Password desktop app.

If it is handled via the desktop app, open and unlock your 1Password 7 desktop app, go to its settings -> Security -> Adjust the auto-lock settings as you see fit. :)

• dannybloe
    dannybloe
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! That explains. I completely missed that message saying it was handled by the desktop app. I guess I never expected these two are linked so maybe I saw it but didn't register it as relevant. Greate that they are linked. Hopefully it works as expected.

Cheers and thanks!
    Danny

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are most welcome :+1:

This discussion has been closed.