Feature Request - Extension for Screenconnect (ConnectWise Control)

bstetson
bstetson
Community Member

As an MSP we use ConnectWise Control, which used to be Screenconnect, to be able to provide remote assistance of desktops and servers. They provide a developers license and the ability to create extensions. I would like to request a feature where there is an integration extension to allow for auto sign in to servers and desktops using 1password. A great example of this is Password Boss who has an extension that can exactly this. This is a huge time saver, optimizing the user experience and enabling higher productivity. Please consider this, thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bstetson. Welcome to the 1Password Community, and thank you for taking the time to share this feature request today. :)

If I may ask, do you primarily access this remote assistance service via a desktop application or also through a web app component? I just want to make sure I collect enough information about your use case and requirements before filing this request in our internal database.

• bstetson
    bstetson
    Community Member

The remote session itself is accessed through a desktop application that loads when you connect to the session. To actually connect the session is a webapp. I can go into detail about the software, the extension and what would need to be built if you would like to do a call where I can share my screen with you.

• @bstetson,

Thanks for the additional details. This should be more than enough to go on, and I've filed this request in our internal database so our development team can take a look. Thanks again for taking the time to share this.

ref: internal/business-roadmap#211

Let us know if there is anything else that our team can help with going forward.

• dfuentes
    dfuentes
    Community Member

Great suggestion, @bstetson! I'd like to +1 this feature request and add a little more to it.

We also use ConnectWise Control (ScreenConnect) heavily and we're actively looking for a secure, productive way to store these server credentials to auto-sign on to these host devices. Ideally, we wouldn't even want our users to be able to copy/display the password rather just use 1Password to securely connect to the server.

It's one major missing functionality that has us considering a switch from 1Password to another solution that has not only a ConnectWise Control integration but various other application/service integrations.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback as well @dfuentes, I have let our developers know that you would also like to see this :+1:

ref: internal/business-roadmap#211

• jmclagan
    jmclagan
    Community Member

I'd also like to +1 this feature request as well. I am currently evaluating ConnectWise Control for our organization and this password integration is probably going to be a make or break point for us.

Cheers

• Thanks for chiming in here, @jmclagan, I've updated the request in our database with your feedback.

This discussion has been closed.