Sort Suggestions by most Recent used.

Options

When logging in to a site I visit often the suggestions show a list of other logins for that site but they appear in alphabetical order. I really would like the suggestion to be sorted in recently used order so the most common one is at the top of the list.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Ocean West ,

If you have specific logins that you use a lot more often than others, you can simply mark them as favorites (with the little star icon), which will make them show up first in the list regardless of alphabetical order. https://support.1password.com/favorites-tags/

• cipri_tom
    cipri_tom
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron !

That is a decent way to work more efficiently, but it only works when you know one item is to be favoured. However, this workaround doesn't provide the full benefits of ordering by recency, or, even better, frecency [1]

Here's an example. I use 1Password to fill passwords in terminal, for logging in to different servers. There are days when I work with these 2-3 servers, and days when I work with other 2-3 servers. I cannot use favourites to boost the desired ones to the top, as they change from a day to the other. Luckily 1P is smart enough to only offer me passwords created/saved for the Terminal, but still, ordering by frequency/recency would be a welcome efficiency with no apparent downsides.

This would also apply to websites, as I've seen on the forums people who need to manage multiple Google account, for example. The benefit there is that the browser keeps you logged in for longer than my terminal does. But I can image they access some account more frequently than others, or that there are days which are focused on some accounts and not the rest. This is when ordering by recency would be beneficial.

[1] Frecency is quite common for navigating around folders on your computer. So it is used here, here, and probably the oldest use was autojump

• @cipri_tom

We appreciate the additional insights and examples. I can definitely see the value of being able to offer most frequently used items first. While I can't say for sure if or when this feature will be available, I have shared your feedback with the appropriate team. Hopefully we'll see some positive changes in future releases.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1117

This discussion has been closed.