Brave extension

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Brave extension not working.

Comments

• warchest
    warchest
    Community Member
    Options

I've got a similar issue to original poster but different enviroment.

Big Sur 11.4
    1 Password 7 (single user license)
    Brave 1.25.73 (latest release as of my posting)

Issue: On brave (my primary browser), the extension has stopped working for the few days. Now there is a 1password icon with a mini lock on it on brave. When I click on it, it sends me to this page: chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/welcome

It opens up a new page that says "1Password is almost ready to go!, sign in to get started"

The problem is, on safari, firefox, and chrome, everything works just fine. But the brave 1password extension is refusing to just work with my normal 1password setup.

I have quit the browser, uninstalled and reinstalled the extension (on Brave) and have restarted my computer but nothing seems to work with Brave...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @warchest!

The problem is, on safari, firefox, and chrome, everything works just fine. But the brave 1password extension is refusing to just work with my normal 1password setup.

Can you confirm that you are using the same version of the 1Password browser extension in Brave? From what you are writing, it sounds like you are using the classic browser extension in Safari, Firefox and Chrome, and the latest 1Password in the browser extension in Brave (which requires you to sign into a 1Password.com account first).

• warchest
    warchest
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your help @ag_ana! Your suggestion worked like a charm!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of ag_ana, you're most welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.