Synching iMac with iPhone

martinrice
martinrice
Community Member

I recently started using 1Password again. I have it on my iMac and on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I believe that I might have had the iPhone data still on my iPhone, but in any case, where I am now is that I have under All Items on my iMac 327 while on my iPhone I have 683. Really not sure how that happened. I imported a CVS file from Safari on the iMac.

I'd really like to get the two apps (iMac and iPhone) synched up with the iMac being the master, that is, make the items on the iPhone the same as they are on the iMac.

I have no idea how to go about this and would appreciate any instructions.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.8.5
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.4
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @martinrice!

Can you confirm what sync method you are currently using?

• martinrice
    martinrice
    Community Member

Hi, @ag_ana,

This is embarrassing but I'm not sure what sync method I'm using and can't figure out how to tell. Looked in preferences but didn't see anything there. Also looked at my iCloud drive folders but didn't see anything that looked as though it was related to 1Password. I also looked under Settings on my iPhone and didn't see anything there, either.

I did notice, however, that I could delete everything on my iPhone. I'm wondering whether it might sit be a good idea to do that and then set up sync again between my MacBook and the iPhone since it's the MacBook data I want to have synched with my phone. If that's a good idea, where do I find out how to set up the synch?

Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@martinrice:

If you don't see any options related to sync, I wonder if you are using a 1Password Membership, where sync is automatic. To confirm if this is the case, are you able to login to your account on 1Password.com, in a browser? And if so, do you see all data there?

• martinrice
    martinrice
    Community Member

It seems as though I have a Family Membership account. I am able to login to my account in a browser and I do see all the data there. It seems as though I might have the same data in both the private and shared vaults and that might explain what I thought was a disparity in the number of data entries. I'm going to change a password in one of my website accounts and then see if that synchs on both my phone and laptop. Thanks for the help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@martinrice:

I'm going to change a password in one of my website accounts and then see if that synchs on both my phone and laptop.

Sounds good, let us know what you find out!

This discussion has been closed.