Reorder fields/sections and default field order

stmorrpom6cenz
stmorrpom6cenz
Community Member

Hi there,

It'd be awesome to be able to reorder fields within a section and entire sections/groups within an item. I can do the former on mobile, but not on desktop Linux, while I think the latter is possible in the desktop Windows app.

The order of items differs between the iOS app and Linux desktop. For example, in iOS, the items are arranged as:

• username
  • password
  • ---section break---
  • website
  • ---section break---
  • one-time password
  • ---section break---
  • tags (shown even if no tags are defined for the item)

In the Linux desktop app, the items are arranged as:

• username
  • password
  • one-time password**
  • ---section break---
  • website

** This item gets moved to this position, even if it's within a different section in iOS.

Shouldn't the order and grouping be the same?

1Password Version: 8.1.0-60.BETA (apt package)
Extension Version: 2.0.3 (Firefox)
OS Version: Zorin OS 15.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hey there @stmorrpom6cenz, thanks so much for this question! 1Password tries to surface the items that are most useful to the user - within a login item, 1Password prioritizes the oft-used fields such as username, password, two-factor authentication codes, and website (for Go & Fill).

Shouldn't the order and grouping be the same?

We are working on unifying this behaviour across platforms - the recent Early Access for 1Password for Windows is the next installment in this unification project. If you have a Windows device, I suggest taking it for a spin! :smile:

It'd be awesome to be able to reorder fields within a section and entire sections/groups within an item

I can definitely see how this would be helpful - I've compiled this feedback and passed it along to the Development team for their consideration.

Let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

ref: /dev/core/core/#5958

This discussion has been closed.