To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Managing "Related Items"

TnIan
TnIan
Community Member

I just moved my local vaults to a 1P account. One thing I immediately noticed was that entries with attachments now show up with the attachments as "related items" in the list view.

1. Is it possible to hide the list of "related items" so that what used to be one entry in the list view isn't now twenty entries? I mean, that's not really a dealbreaker, I guess, but it just seems... messy.
  2. If I try to move an entry (and all its "related items") to a different vault, I get an "item references will be lost" warning. That is getting into dealbreaker territory, because it's going to take a lot of time & effort to relink all of those.

'Preciate any help here!

1Password Version: 7.8.5, 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6, OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1P account

Comments

• TnIan
    TnIan
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

I figured out a sort-of workaround for #2. I haven't deleted my local vaults yet, so I was able to copy items from those into the appropriate 1P account vaults. This creates a new entry in the desired-target vault with attachments saved as "related items," which I won't be able to easily move in the future, but at least everything's where it's supposed to be at the moment.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TnIan!

Is it possible to hide the list of "related items" so that what used to be one entry in the list view isn't now twenty entries? I mean, that's not really a dealbreaker, I guess, but it just seems... messy.

At the moment there is no way to hide sections inside a 1Password item. However, all previous attachments should now live in their own Documents category, so the actual list of Logins should have remained the same.

If I try to move an entry (and all its "related items") to a different vault, I get an "item references will be lost" warning.

Indeed, this is a limitation that our developers are aware of. I know they would like to address this, but I also understand that there are some technical challenges when dealing with multiple vaults. Hopefully they will indeed find a solution soon, so you don't even need the workaround of moving the items again directly to the correct vault :+1:

• TnIan
    TnIan
    Community Member

At the moment there is no way to hide sections inside a 1Password item. However, all previous attachments should now live in their own Documents category, so the actual list of Logins should have remained the same.

This is what those look like in the Logins sidebar. It used to be one item; now it's the item and all attachments as separate items.

• TnIan
    TnIan
    Community Member

Oh - I see what you mean about the Logins category. Unfortunately, my entries are split fairly evenly between Logins and Secure Notes, so I have to use the "All Items" view, which is now cluttered up with Documents.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TnIan:

Thank you for the update! I see what you mean, especially if you need to keep All Items view active because you have entries from multiple sections. I thought you might have only Logins, with documents attached, so it would have been simpler to filter out the attachments.

I know that our developers have been receiving feedback on this for a while, so this is definitely something that they are aware of. I am sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now :(

• TnIan
    TnIan
    Community Member

Thanks; it's not a big deal, but it'd be nice if it was improved at some point. A preference for including/excluding specific categories would be great. I don't need to see my credit cards in the list view either.

Preserving attachment references when moving items between vaults is a much bigger deal to me, so I'd rather they tackle that instead.

• :+1: :chuffed:

• TnIan
    TnIan
    Community Member

Looks like the most recent update will now let you add attachments directly in 1P entries again. Works great. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @TnIan :)

This discussion has been closed.