What's the plan that allow partial access to the 1password account that doesn't reveal the password?

Options
Marc2021
Marc2021
Community Member

My employer has a personal 1password account and has a small business less than 10. She would like to give more task at the job but would need to give me partial access to her 1password account that will not reveal her passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Marc2021! Welcome to the Support Community. :smile:

She would like to give more task at the job but would need to give me partial access to her 1password account that will not reveal her passwords.

When it comes to using 1Password, each account its own "silo." So, if your employer has a personal 1Password account, but they also need to share specific, work-related data with you, they'll need to sign up for a second 1Password account to accomplish this. Using a team or business account would allow your employer to then invite any employees to the account as additional team members, so data could be shared with them via shared vaults.

However, if your employer is attempting to share data in a way that doesn't provide easy access to passwords specifically, this is feature that comes along with our Business tier by removing the View and Copy Passwords permission from a vault. It's very important to keep in mind that this specific permission is client-enforced, so even though it wouldn't be possible to reveal shared passwords in our apps, it could be possible to reveal this through other means. One common example of this is signing into a Google account, as there as "reveal" button that could display the password after filling it in a browser.

If your employer would like a hand with setting this up, feel free to point her in our direction via email at support@1password.com after she signs up for a business account. We'd be happy to help out from there. :+1:

• Marc2021
    Marc2021
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• You're very welcome! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.