Exclude vault from Watchtower scanning

Options

Is this planned for 1Password 8? I have a vault "Archive" where I move items like expired credit cards and logins I very rarely use. In the new Watchtower report, I get alerts for not having 2FA enabled on those accounts or that my credit card has expired. It would be handy to tell Watchtower to ignore my "Archive" vault and not alert me about those items

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Manaburner, thanks for this question! I'm happy to help with this.

The short answer is: there's no feature planned to exclude certain vaults from Watchtower, BUT we do have a way to deal with the use case you've mentioned here. It makes a lot of sense that you wouldn't want your "archived" items to generate alerts.

For that reason, we introduced a feature in 1Password 7.6.802 called (ready?) the Archive feature! It still works in 1Password 8 as well.

Here's the thread where we first introduced this:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/599019#Comment_599019

And here's a few screenshots of what it looks like:

While it doesn't make sense for our design to allow an option to exclude a specific vault (even one named "Archive") from Watchtower, it's totally understandable that you'd want to be able to flag an item as "put away", somehow, so that it's separated from other active items and hidden from Watchtower. That's what the Archive function does. Let us know how it works for you! 👍

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

The short answer is: there's no feature planned to exclude certain vaults from Watchtower.

That's terrible news. :cry: Or do I misunderstand?

My use case: I want to see (all) my personal vaults in Watchtower, but not vaults shared with family members.

This is possible in 1Password 7. Will that be possible in 1Password 8?

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @PeterG_1P
    thank you I'll check out the Archive feature. Just to be sure: Items moved to Archive will remain there indefinitely?

• Blake
    Options

@Manaburner

Correct, items that are moved into the archive will live there indefinitely until you decide it's time to move them to the trash. 😊

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Blake

• Blake
    Options

Anytime!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with; we're here for you! 💙

This discussion has been closed.