Auto-locking reactivated in browser extension

Options

I'm running Firefox on Windows 10 with the 1Password browser extension. I have auto-lock turned off in the app and the extension, but whenever the machine restarts, the auto-lock settings in the extension are turned back on. It seems like the settings should stay put in any case.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10 Version 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TomCunningham!

After a restart, do the auto lock settings remain off in the 1Password for Windows desktop app instead?

• TomCunningham
    TomCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

Yes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomCunningham:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please restart your computer once more so that you make this happen again, and then send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• TomCunningham
    TomCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

Well, now I'm totally confused. When I click the gear icon in the extension and go to Settings, there are now no settings for auto-locking at all. Shape-shifting software, anyone?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomCunningham:

That shows that the integration with the desktop app is correctly enabled ;) When the integration is enabled, the auto lock settings only appear within the 1Password for Windows app, so I think that something got temporarily disconnected in your extension.

• TomCunningham
    TomCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, excellent! Thanks for the explanation.

• Blake
    Options

On behalf of Ana, you're welcome!

Let us know if there's anything else you can think of, we're here to help! 🤗

This discussion has been closed.