Feature Request: Quickly reveal passwords in the extension

benfdc
benfdc
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
TreasuryDirect is one of those websites that requires that a mouse be used for password entry. So whenever I want to log in I have to open 1Password and locate the login entry. I then used to uncheck Conceal Passwords, type my password, and (ideally) re-check Conceal Passwords, but recently I accidentally discovered that one can temporarily display passwords by holding down the Alt key.

Fantastic!

But it'd be even better if the Alt-key trick worked in the browser extension, because that would save me the trouble of switching to the 1Password application (and frequently having to retype my master password).

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2012
    I agree that this would be a great addition to the extension! It has been suggested before, but I'm not certain that it is possible in the current browser extension APIs. I'll mention it to the developers again. :)

If you enable Universal Unlock, you can keep the extension and main application unlocked in tandem if that helps in the meantime.
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    I'm on the fence about Universal Unlock, although I can't really explain why. But thanks for passing my request on to the developers!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    No problem at all! "Hold Option to reveal" would be great to have if it is possible in the extension.
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited February 2013

In case anyone else visits this thread, the work-around is to press the "Edit" button in the browser extension pop-up. You can then view and copy the password, and then cancel the edit.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Good point! And if all you need to do is copy the password, you don't even need to enter Edit mode. Just click the concealed password to copy it to the clipboard just like in the main 1Password application. :)

This discussion has been closed.