Untrusted Chromium Browser

adopxi05692
adopxi05692
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

hi,i am use 360se(Chromium version:86.0.4240.198),but cannot integrate with app.
Can I turn off the signature?

1password 2.0.2;app version 7.7.807;os win10 2009
untrusted chromium browser,name: 360se, publisher: Beijing Qihu Technology Co., Ltd.

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adopxi05692!

That's a good question. 360se isn't a supported browser of ours, so it won't be possible to integrate with the desktop app.

If you are using an unsupported browser, 1Password will be unable to verify the browser’s code signature. For your protection, 1Password verifies the identity of your browser before filling your information, like passwords, credit cards, or addresses. This feature prevents your data from being stolen in case your browser has been tampered with.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

• adopxi05692
    adopxi05692
    Community Member

Can you list some trusted chromium browser?
    I only know edge.
    Anything else?
    Thanks

• Hello @adopxi05692,

Thank you for asking. Another great Chromium browser is Brave. It has an excellent built-in Adblock. You can give it a try https://brave.com/

• nicosmaris
    nicosmaris
    Community Member

Even though I have been using Brave for a few months already without any issue with the 1password extension, today I couldn't singin to the extension and I got a message at the 1password desktop app saying "refused to connect to untrusted provider Brave browser".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nicosmaris:

Is it possible that Brave is in the middle of an update? Can you try to quit and relaunch the browser, so any ongoing updates can complete?

• nicosmaris
    nicosmaris
    Community Member

That could be an explanation as I cannot reproduce the issue. However, when there is an update it asks me before proceeding.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nicosmaris:

I see this often with any browser who is in the middle of an update. Often they don't warn you until you either go into the preference, or just quit and relaunch the browser for any other reason, in which case the update is installed automatically.

• nicosmaris
    nicosmaris
    Community Member

Indeed. What is more annoying, but probably I'm going out of scope here, is that frequently the extension asks me to press Ctrl+Shift+X even though the 1password app is not locked.

• @nicosmaris

This can happen when your browser loses its native messaging connection with the 1Password desktop app. If you fully quit both your browser and the 1Password desktop app (including any background processes) and then relaunch the app, followed by your browser - does the issue persist?

• nicosmaris
    nicosmaris
    Community Member

The issue got fixed without me doing anything :) Thanks a lot!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @nicosmaris! If you have any other questions or should this happen again, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.