Cannot login to 1Password on IPhone

mfregeau
mfregeau
Community Member

Something happened recently, not quite sure what it is, but since then I can no longer sign into the app. No problem login in on my windows laptop. The same password on my iPhone does not work. How can I check the primary settings on the app without login in?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mfregeau!

You cannot check the settings without logging to the app, but we can help you by looking at the logs if you wish. If you would like us to take a look, please generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• mfregeau
    mfregeau
    Community Member

Hello, ticket number is GBW-34999-634

Thank you for your assistance

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mfregeau:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: GBW-34999-634

• dfussy
    dfussy
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I had to do an account recovery via our family plan and I changed my password. I can login into 1Password.com using this new password, and I also am able to login into 1Password.app on my Mac using the new password. But my iPhone rejects this password. I have removed 1Password from the iPhone, restarted the iPhone and reinstalled 1Password but the issue remains. I can't see that there is anything else I can do on the iPhone to fix this. Help.

• @dfussy

Please email the support team and we can take a deeper look at your setup and help resolve this.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. dfussy
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/121218/cannot-login-to-1password-on-iphone#latest

Also include a summary of your questions, or details on how we may assist you. That will help your ticket to get routed properly.

• greyhound
    greyhound
    Community Member

I changed my master password on my MAC and can use it there as well as 1password.com but I cannot login to the 1Password app on my iPhone.

• @greyhound

I figure you may still have an older Primary vault on the iPhone. Can you unlock using the previous Master Password? Please let me know.

• greyhound
    greyhound
    Community Member

Thanks. It was not that, just a stupid mistake on my part using the wrong password. Sorry to have bothered you with this. 1Password is working just fine. I appear to be the problem.

• Haha, you gave me a good chuckle @greyhound. It's no trouble at all; we are a community. I recall after I changed my Master Password a few years back, I was typing, and for some reason, that day, I had the old one locked in my memory. I open my iPhone (Face ID) and looked up my Master Password. I was like, you big dummy. I chose some other colorful words for my self that day. LOL

My point is we all go through this. We're human, and we can help others by letting them know we have been their done that. Thanks for the quick follow-up. Come back anytime, and we can talk about weird happenings. Including each of us being the problem at a give time. Have a great day! Stay safe!

• JamesC
    JamesC
    Community Member

I have same issue. I wanted to remove iphone app to re-install but I cannot find the 1Password app icon anywhere. Shows up on spotlight but I can't remove it from there. Having worked out that 1Password requires the classic add-on for Firefox, it is working fine on the desktop but i really need to sync with the phone. Any advice?

• Hey @JamesC:

If you check the App Library (From your Home Screen, swipe left until you see the App Library), is 1Password there? If 1Password is there, you should be able to uninstall it from there by tapping and holding. Let me know!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.