Window manager settings not persisting after minimization

cboettcher
cboettcher
Community Member

I'm running the 1Password client in Linux Mint 19.3 with Cinnamon window manager. It's great, except for one thing: whenever I minimize the application, it resets the workspace settings such that it no longer appears on the visible workspace, but only the workspace in which it was launched.

1Password is the only application that I've seen behave this way.

1Password Version: 8.0.34
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux Mint 19.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @cboettcher, thanks so much for writing in! I've been testing this out and can't seem to reproduce it - could you tell me the steps you're taking when you experience this?

So far, in my testing, 1Password will follow me from workspace to workspace when the window is open, and when minimized, calling it from the system tray or the shortcut will open it on the active workspace, regardless of where I launched or minimized it.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back and getting this sorted. :smile:

• cboettcher
    cboettcher
    Community Member

Hi Dayton_ag,

Thanks for looking into this. I was wrong: it's the locking of the application that causes it to forget user-specified workspace setting, not the minimization. Steps to reproduce:

1. Start 1password client
    2. The settings for the application should be (in actuality and by default) "Only on This Workspace"
    3. Switch the workspace settings for the application to "Always on Visible Workspace."
    4. Minimize the application.
    5. Wait until the application locks (or lock it manually).
    6. Note that now, the application has reverted to "Only on This Workspace"
  • Hey again @cboettcher 👋

Thank YOU for continuing to look into this with us! Steps to reproduce are definitely appreciated.

I've gone ahead and filed this issue away with our development team so we can get this fixed up in a future update. 💙

This discussion has been closed.