1password cmd-tool installation failure on CentOS7 x86

Options
conorwu
conorwu
Community Member
edited June 2021 in CLI

Hi Team,

Recent need to install OP cmd-tool onto the centOS linux. after follow the install instruction, got below error. and OP --version not function as it not installed completely.

install: failed to access ‘/usr/share/doc/1password/examples/’: No such file or directory

Thanks,
Conor

1Password Version: 8.0.34-1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: centOS7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @conorwu!

At what point of the installation process did you get this error message exactly? Was it after the very last step, after running sudo dnf install 1password, or somewhere else in the installation?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2021
    Options

@conorwu:

I was reviewing the documentation, and I realized there might be some confusion: you are saying that you are trying to install the cmd-op tool, but you linked to the 1Password for Linux desktop app installation instructions instead. To avoid misunderstandings, can you confirm whether you are installing the 1Password CLI or the 1Password Linux app?

• conorwu
    conorwu
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_ana ,

thanks for responding, I am installing OP cmd line tool on a Linux CentOS virtual machine, we use that machine host the ansible-tower, I have some script to run in ansible and will use OP command-line tool to obtain token, read and edit items.

I have used it no problem on my Mac, but when try to transfer the task to the Linux box, its failure the installation.

attached screen shot of installation

• conorwu
    conorwu
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana , I got your point, I re-install the pkg by download the correct linux zip and unzipped. cheers

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@conorwu:

Thank you for the update! Were you able to complete the installation with the correct file then?

• conorwu
    conorwu
    Community Member
    Options

yes @ag_ana , you point me to the correct direction, thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @conorwu, that's great to hear :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.