Nonstop duo prompt

2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Let's continue the conversation via email so we can get the diagnostics Ben and I requested to do any additional account-related investigation if the problem persists, without duplication of effort between multiple channels/people at once. :+1:

ref: QFC-13788-188

• ibratoev
    ibratoev
    Community Member

I have the same issue and it is very annoying. A lot of people in the company have this issue but they just gave up and do not use 1Password on their phone. It is a major blocker for us. Essentially, this issue makes the IPhone app unusable with Duo. If you do not prioritize that with top priority, I suggest updating the documentation about it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sorry about this @ibratoev, but thank you for the feedback. I have let our developers know that you are also experiencing this, so hopefully they will have a fix soon :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#5002

• bgreiner
    bgreiner
    Community Member

Yes, this is a super-frustrating bug. It used to work but hasn’t worked on my iPhone for a while. I’m running iOS 14.5.1 and 1Password 7.7.5 and Duo won’t work because I have to switch away from 1PW to Duo to authorize. I get other Duo notifications on my Apple Watch, but not the one from 1PW.

• grumpygraeme69
    grumpygraeme69
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

I seem to have found a workaround for this.

1.) When you receive “1Password” wants to use “1Password.com” to sign in, you click Continue

2.) On the Duo screen, you click “Send Me a Push”

3.) As long as you have push notifications enabled, you will receive the Duo Mobile Login Request at top of screen. Instead of single clicking (which takes you out of 1Password app and into Duo), click and hold the Push Notification to display an Approve / Deny selection. Click Approve and you will be dropped back onto the 1Password app without the continuous looping.

This has been working successfully for me recently, hope this helps.

Graeme

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sorry about the frustration @bgreiner. I have let the developers know that you are also encountering this, and hopefully they will have an update soon :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing what is working for you @grumpygraeme69, hopefully other users will find this useful in the meantime while our developers continue to investigate.

• bgreiner
    bgreiner
    Community Member

Thank you, @grumpygraeme69 — excellent solution!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• raymondsmith
    raymondsmith
    Community Member

I know this discussion is old, but I still see this issue. I also seem to be able to authenticate with a code vs a push. Is this going to be fixed? Also if 2fa is active to re-authenticate a device and is canceled the local password respiratory should be locked until 2fa is passed again, otherwise this defeats the purpose.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@raymondsmith:

I understand the frustration, I have let the developers know that you have also encountered this. Hopefully they will be able to come up with a fix in one of the next updates.

ref: apple-5002

• MarkS_UK
    MarkS_UK
    Community Member

This is affecting a number of iPhone users at our company too. I'll suggest the push and hold on notifications to the to see if this helps, it would be preferable if the issue was simply fixed though.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Agreed @MarkS_UK, sorry about the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while our developers look into this.

• brianklegg
    brianklegg
    Community Member

Is this resolved yet? We are still experiencing issues.

• Hi @brianklegg:

I don't have an update to share with you just yet. Thank you for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Jack

• mcksimpson
    mcksimpson
    Community Member

I am having the same issue, except on MacOS. A Chrome window pops up saying:

"1Password 7" wants to use "duosecurity.com" to sign in. This allows the app and website to share information about you.

If I click , nothing happens. But later, the same dialogue will pop up again. I never get a Duo push to my mobile device as expected, and it seems that this installation of 1Password poorly synchronizes to the 1Password cloud.

• leoncarl
    leoncarl
    Community Member

I (and others at my company) also have this issue. Started with Chrome v100.x If you click Continue nothing happens (Chrome window is not opened) but 1Password7 will then infinitely give Chrome focus making it impossible to use any other OSX apps until you kill Chrome. The only workaround is to:
    1. Temporarily set Safari as your default browser
    2. Allow 1Password7 to attempt to open the same "duosecurity.com" webpage in Safari
    3. Login with DUO 2fa in safari window
    4. Now you can set Chrome as the default browser again

The infinite loop giving Chrome focus is the biggest issue here as it makes you Mac more-or-less useless and will survive Chrome restarts. As part of the fix for this please add a timeout or implement a maximum number of tries to give Chrome focus as currently this turns 1password7 into malware if it encounters an issue like this where the 2fa provider windows is not opened.

This discussion has been closed.