how do you save and use form data?

Options
bobarnett
bobarnett
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm not understanding how to save and use form data on my my web browser (Chrome). I've saved (I think) the data as a login but at the form site, and I select AutoFill from the 1PW icon on the toolbar, nothing happens. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do you save and use form data?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobarnett!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using? Also, what website is this happening with, so we can test it here too? Thank you!

• bobarnett
    bobarnett
    Community Member
    Options

Version 2.0.2 (Chrome Browser extension) and the site is https://www.dir.ca.gov/DAS/tf/cac2.asp
    After saving the data to a Password item, I went to look at the Web Details and none of the data was recorded there. It had a "user name" but that wasn't even one of the fields on that form.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobarnett:

Thank you for the information! I think that this is happening because the page you linked to is not a Login form, so 1Password is trying to fill something that is not there. You could try to use an Identity item for the first part of the form though, to enter address information at least, but the rest of the page seems like a complicated form for which we don't have an associated 1Password item template.

This discussion has been closed.