Why is the "copy" button next to the password not copying?

Options

In macOS, clicking the "copy" button next to a password copies it to the Clipboard. I just started using Windows. There's a copy button next to the password, but clicking it does nothing. The only way I've discovered is to use the keyboard shortcut, Shift-Ctrl-C. If the "Copy" button does not copy the password to the Clipboard, WHY is it there and WHY is it labeled, "Copy?"

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Windows 10 2004
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:copy password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @milleron!

Is this happening to you in the 1Password for Windows app, or in the browser extension in the browser?

• milleron
    milleron
    Community Member
    Options

It's in the Windows app. The browser extension's copy function seems needlessly complex but does work.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@milleron:

It's in the Windows app.

Thank you for the confirmation! I tested it here and things worked for me, so I will reach out to the team and see if someone else has encountered this so far :+1:

The browser extension's copy function seems needlessly complex but does work.

How so? What I see here is that I just need to hover over a field to get the Copy action to appear. Here is a screenshot for you:

Are you seeing something different on your end?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@milleron:

In the meantime, I have heard back from the team: can you confirm what values you have set at the moment under 1Password Settings > Security > Clipboard?

This discussion has been closed.