Chrome Auto Fill

cwojcieszyn
cwojcieszyn
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

The new version of 1password seems to now have taken over all auto fill in Chrome, before I was able to have it just control passwords. I frequently use resaved addresses and if disable 1password there it disables 1password throughout Chrome (addresses, credit cards and passwords) - not sure if this is a password or Chrome issue as both have had updates in recent weeks or a combination of the two. I really hope I can have control over who/what auto fills what data and not all or 1 only here.

1Password Version: 7.8.6 (70806001)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cwojcieszyn!

You can turn off the option Make 1Password the default password manager in the extension settings:

So you can choose what to allow Chrome to continue doing, without disabling 1Password altogether :+1:

• cwojcieszyn
    cwojcieszyn
    Community Member

I have no control panel that looks like this at all, I want 1 password to be the password manager but not have it control autofill for addresses in Chrome, if I turn off only addresses it turns off 1password for everything currently

• cwojcieszyn
    cwojcieszyn
    Community Member

Now it looks I had 2 separate extensions for 1password installed the one was not allowing to separate control but the 1Password extension (desktop app required) one is now FYI

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cwojcieszyn:

I want 1 password to be the password manager but not have it control autofill for addresses in Chrome, if I turn off only addresses it turns off 1password for everything currently

Indeed, the setting I showed you in my previous post would allow you to do exactly that :+1:

Now it looks I had 2 separate extensions for 1password installed the one was not allowing to separate control but the 1Password extension (desktop app required) one is now FYI

The screenshot I took was from the latest 1Password in the browser extension, not from the classic one (desktop app required). For anyone else who might want to do this with the new extension instead than with the old classic one: to reach the settings page of the new 1Password extension, you can open it by clicking it on the icon in your browser, and click on the big Settings icon (the one that looks like a cog):

This discussion has been closed.