Operator failing when creating the secret "Invalid value: \"created by\""

Options
nikodono
nikodono
Community Member

Hello,

I followed the documentation on this link to get connect and connect-operator running in my cluster. Once I got things running I tried to create a secret following this and the custom resource was created correctly but the secret never showed up. I'm getting the following errors from the operator:

{"level":"error","ts":1624475747.8018692,"logger":"controller-runtime.controller","msg":"Reconciler error","controller":"onepassworditem-controller","request":"dev/onepwd","error":"Secret \"onepwd\" is invalid: [data[created by]: Invalid value: \"created by\": a valid config key must consist of alphanumeric characters, '-', '' or '.' (e.g. 'key.name', or 'KEY_NAME', or 'key-name', regex used for validation is '[-._a-zA-Z0-9]+'), data[key base64]: Invalid value: \"key base64\": a valid config key must consist of alphanumeric characters, '-', '' or '.' (e.g. 'key.name', or 'KEY_NAME', or 'key-name', regex used for validation is '[-._a-zA-Z0-9]+')]"

Images being used:

• 1password/connect-sync:1.2.0
  • 1password/connect-api:1.2.0
  • 1password/onepassword-operator

Comments

• Hi there,

Unfortunately, kubernetes does not allow for keys in secrets with spaces. When you create a secret using the Connect Operator, the operator takes each field from the item in 1Password and sets it as a secret key. Does the item you are trying to create have a field titled "key base64"? If you so, please try removing the the space from the field name (for example: "key_base64").

This discussion has been closed.