No longer working in Firefox - no sites found in list

Options
Alastair Bor
Alastair Bor
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I've been using 1P since virtually when it came out and it's been flawless except for the past few weeks the browser integration seems broken. The browser plugin is installed, I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling but the plugin cannot find my passwords. It always comes up empty for the autofill. This has occurred on numerous machines.

I have "Include All Vaults" selected but it can only see my work account (which is 1p.com but not my personal device licensed copy). It's like a bug where the Primary vault is invisible to the browser plugin but still works in the main app.

1Password Version: 7.86
Extension Version: 2.02
OS Version: OSX 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Alastair Bor!

It's like a bug where the Primary vault is invisible to the browser plugin but still works in the main app.

The new 1Password browser extension only sees vaults stored on 1Password.com. If you have your personal data stored in a standalone vault such as the Primary vault, you will need the classic browser extension instead:

Get the 1Password classic extension

• Alastair Bor
    Alastair Bor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that worked. It seems like a bit of a missed requirement to not search the Primary vault in the new extension... or at least there should be a popup in the new extension to warn that Primary vault is not available.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @Alastair Bor .

You might find the following post from one of our co-founders, Dave, very informative: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/602340/#Comment_602340

This discussion has been closed.