Everything seems broken in latest update

Options

1) I've got a bunch of invasive stuff popping up inside the contents of the browser that I don't want, just appears when I focus various inputs.
2) Whenever I click the icon in the toolbar and hit the "autofill" button it just does nothing in the current tab and opens a new one, which is usually also not filled in, and/or not the correct URL anyway.

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Sophistifunk ,

Sounds like you have both of our extensions installed simultaneously, which is causing this behavior.
    1Password in the browser, our latest extension, will show up on its own inside/under usernames and password fields, suggesting to autofill land save new logins. You can see how it works here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

If you also have our older Classic extension installed and you try to autofill from it, it will launch a new tab because of the newer extension's presence.
    We strongly recommend using the new 1Password in the browser as it provides a better autofilling experience, but if you prefer, you can stick to 1Password Classic and remove the newer extension. Simply go to the browser's extensions page where you see all the installed extensions and disable/remove the extension you don't want.

The newer extension is entitled "1Password - Password Manager", while the older extension is entitled "1Password extension (desktop app required)".

• Sophistifunk
    Sophistifunk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that into. I absolutely do not want all these popups being put into the DOM of web pages, or interfering/competing with pages' own drop-down impls and the like. Can I tell 1p to not re-install this new browser plugin again next time the app itself is updated?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The extension cannot install itself, but when you are having an issue with the old extension, the desktop app will point you towards the download link of the new extension, which may have happened here and is how you ended up with it.

Now that you are aware of the difference between the extensions you'll have better control over it and know what you prefer not to install :)

This discussion has been closed.