Disable or Bypass the 1Password In-App Browser

Options
Mycenius
Mycenius
Community Member

Hi,

How do I bypass the 1Password App's internal browser, i.e. either force 1Password to open my default browser or disable the internal browser completely. Couldn't find anything in support section. Find the internal browser annoying for how I use 1Password...

TIA!

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mycenius!

You can long press on the website field of a Login inside 1Password, and you will see an option named Open in Browser that should open your iOS default browser ;)

• Mycenius
    Mycenius
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - yes that works when in main list. However doesn't work in favourites.... they are always forced to in-app browser unfortunately... think I had tried that as it's instinctive thing to do in iOS but had no joy as I was probably in favourites when I tried it previously.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mycenius:

You are right, this does not work directly in the Favourites list. The only way at the moment would be to open the full favourite item, and then long-tap on the website field from there :(

• Mycenius
    Mycenius
    Community Member
    Options

OK - Thanks Ana.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @Mycenius! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.