How do I disable 1Password extension in Safari on Mac on localhost?

Options

I am using the 1Password extension in Safari on macOS and while it is very useful most of the time it is very annoying on localhost. How to I blacklist a specific domain for the extension?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 7.8.6
OS Version: macOS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jkdsabhjkfdshjk,

Currently, we don't have the option to prevent 1Password from working on a domain entirely. However, you can try these steps to add your localhost address to the exception list in 1Password, and it will not prompt you to autosave, and I hope it helps.

Open the 1Password app => Select 1Password 7 in the menu bar=> Preferences => Browsers => Autosave => Paste paste your local host domain in "Except on the following domains" textbox.

Best regards,

Nhat Nguyen.
    https://support.1password.com/

• jkdsabhjkfdshjk
    jkdsabhjkfdshjk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank's for your reply. Localhost is already listed in the "Except on the following domains" textbox of the Browsers Autosave configuration and that seems to work: I don't get the autosave prompt on localhost. Unfortunately I still get the 1Password suggestions and its request to enter the master password as soon as any username or password field has the focus.

So an option to prevent 1Password from working on a domain entirely would be a nice feature. Another maybe more reasonable solution would be an option to have the 1Password extension only working on HTTPS. Please consider introducing more options to control the browser extensions. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jkdsabhjkfdshjk:

When the 1Password inline menu appears below a username or password field, you should be able to expand it and click on the Hide on this page button:

• jkdsabhjkfdshjk
    jkdsabhjkfdshjk
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. I have to admit, that the button is rather big and obvious, but I somehow never expanded this inline menu.

Out of curiosity: Is this list of blocked pages editable somewhere if I want to unhide it for a page?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jkdsabhjkfdshjk:

It's not editable directly at the moment, but if you quit and relaunch Safari, the inline menu will appear again on this form (since the "Hide on this page" button currently only works for the current browser session) ;)

• jkdsabhjkfdshjk
    jkdsabhjkfdshjk
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, I see. Thanks again for the tip and the explanation.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @jkdsabhjkfdshjk, I am glad I could help :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana !

but if you quit and relaunch Safari, the inline menu will appear again on this form

When I was using 1PW7 together with the classic browser extension, there was an option to disable showing entries in the browser. It would be great if this feature could find its way back into the latest browser extension and 1PW8. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @DenalB, I will make sure to pass it to the developers :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

As always, thanks for helping @ag_ana! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.