browser extension for 1P 4

giusep71
giusep71
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi there. I have a stand alone license of 1P 4 for Windows. I'm running Windows 10, with latest updates. When I install the 1P plugin/extension on browsers, then launch it, it redirects to 1P accounts which is not what I want.
Can you help?

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @giusep71!

Can you please download the classic extension and see if that works for you?

Get the 1Password classic extension

The classic extension does not require a 1Password Membership and a Secret Key to be used, so I suspect you might have installed the most recent 1Password in the browser extension.

• giusep71
    giusep71
    Community Member

I did as you said and something isn't quite right. Here's a screenshot

Suggestions?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@giusep71:

It looks like 1Password cannot verify the identity of your browser ("Unknown is connected"). What browser are you using, and what version?

• giusep71
    giusep71
    Community Member

I'm using Chrome version 91.0.4472.114 (64 bits).

1Password for Windows version 4.6.2.626

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@giusep71:

Thank you for the confirmation! It looks like you are in the same situation that was discussed here then. You can see the suggestions from my colleague Greg on that page too :+1:

• giusep71
    giusep71
    Community Member

It seems the only way to make it work is to upgrade isn't it?

Can you tell what's the price of the upgrade to 1P 7 standalone version?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@giusep71:

It seems the only way to make it work is to upgrade isn't it?

If you need to use Chrome with 1Password, then upgrading to 1Password 7 will let you continue using that browser. It is possible that other browsers such as Firefox still work with the old 1Password 4 (at least, that was true when Kate wrote her post here). Although it is difficult to say how long that might actually be the case, so at this point in time upgrading to 1Password 7 is really the best option.

Can you tell what's the price of the upgrade to 1P 7 standalone version?

Standalone licenses are no longer for sale (you can read more about it in this post from our founder Dave), but a 1Password Membership will not only allow you to upgrade to 1Password 7, but even to try the latest Early Access of 1Password 8 for Windows :)

This discussion has been closed.