Can't find password history / generator history

Options

Hi, I created a password using the in page form tool and forgot to save it. This article says I should be able to access password history ( https://support.1password.com/recover-unsaved-password/ ) but these instructions are not accurate. When I click the '+' icon there is no option to choose 'Password Generator' and it is not clear how else I can access the password generator history.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.2.
OS Version: Chrome Version 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (x86
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @mcbaggert

To see the password history of a specific login item, please open the 1Password desktop app > Search for the website you want to see the old password > Hover your mouse over the password field > Select the down chevron icon at the end > View Password history.

In case you use the password generator in the 1Password in Chrome, and need to find an old password, you can select the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar > Select the plus icon > Password generator > Select "Generator history" button at the bottom.

Best regards,

Nhat Nguyen.
    https://support.1password.com/

• mcbaggert
    mcbaggert
    Community Member
    Options

My password wasn't saved so will not show up in the history or 'old passwords' associated with a login.

What happened was I was changing passwords for an account, generated a new password using the 'in field' tool and accidentally hit "don't save" - when i updated the password on the site, it didn't save to 1password at all. So I am trying to find the log of passwords that have been generated by the password generator, not the history of saved passwords.

• mcbaggert
    mcbaggert
    Community Member
    Options

Oh wait I got it - i was looking for the password generator history and your second set of instructions got me there. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Nhat, you are welcome @mcbaggert! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.