Watchtower disappeared

Options
eliotr
eliotr
Community Member

I was teaching my friend to use 1P, but I couldn't get Watchtower to appear. And now I can't find it on my computer (where it used to be fine). Her versions: 1P v 7.8.6 on macos 10.15.7. My versions are below. We're both using the the 1P app (not the web version), and have the Chrome 1P extension installed. Other features seem to work okay. (In 1P Prefs > Watchtower , I have all boxes are checked except for "Check for Vulnerable Pswds")

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 chrome extension
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• eliotr
    eliotr
    Community Member
    Options

Solution (Ha!): Select a vault in the left panel. Then click on the down arrow to the right of the vault's name. This will reveal the words "Watchtower," (and "Categories," and "Tags"). Click on the arrows beside those words to see their contents.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @eliotr! Indeed, it sounds like you switched to All Vaults view, and now you are back :)

• rudy
    Options

@eliotr,

For some additional context here, there are two 'modes' the sidebar displays in: vault view and category view. If you're looking a a list of vaults you can double click the vault you want to focus and it will switch you over to category view. Similarly if you're in category view you can click the vault selector at the top of the sidebar to switch into vault view.

• eliotr
    eliotr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, both of you, @ag_ana and @rudy, for the clarification. I looked thru all the menus, thru all the Preferences, googled "Watchtower disappeared," looked in 1P Help, at pages describing Watchtower, etc. Nada! I don't know what led me to click on the down arrow (nor why I didn't notice it much earlier!!), but it was a pretty frustrating experience. Might some change in the documentation be warranted? Or did I just happen to miss one very basic lesson in 1P 101? Again, many thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eliotr:

The closest documentation page I can think of about the topic is the following:

Use All Vaults to see all your items at once

But on behalf of Rudy as well, you are very welcome :)

• eliotr
    eliotr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_ana . It's a nice page. But even if my searching had taken me there, I'm not sure I would have recognized it as speaking to my problem. But maybe clicking on the down arrow should have been so obvious, that no documentation change is called for.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eliotr:

I can understand the confusion, and I believe our developers have received some feedback about this over time. So this has definitely been put on their radar one way or another ;)

This discussion has been closed.