To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trying to figure out vault sharing...

Options
disrael
disrael
Community Member

Hi, please bear with me, this is all new to me.

I am migrating to 1Password. I want to share my personal stuff between my personal macbook and iOS devices. The macbook is setup, and looks like the iOS devices won't be an issue. However, I also need to manage passwords on my work macbook. My employer doesn't allow us to store our passwords off box, so I've set up a standalone vault. Seems to work fine.

However, the app on my work macbook is syncing my Personal vault. Is there a way to turn that off? Or am I missing something here?

I'm the only user on the account, but I want to keep my personal and work passwords separated. Am I going about this the right way?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @disrael!

However, the app on my work macbook is syncing my Personal vault. Is there a way to turn that off? Or am I missing something here?

You cannot remove the Personal vault altogether, but on your work machine you can choose a different vault for storing items. Under 1Password for Mac Preferences > Vaults tab, you can choose the vault you wish under the Vault for Saving section :+1:

• disrael
    disrael
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response, good tip. Does this mean, however, I cannot hide my personal passwords on my work machine? 1Password is still displaying that vault in the app.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@disrael:

There isn't a way to completely hide the Personal vault from that app unfortunately. The only roundabout way of doing it would be to enable Travel Mode in your account, and remove your Personal vault from the list of vaults that are safe for travel. This will remove the vault from your work MacBook, but also from every other 1Password app on your other devices, so I am not sure that would be a feasible workaround :(

This discussion has been closed.