Can't sign in here using 1Pwd classic extension

I click "Sign in" here, the login form page loads. I select the login in my 1Password Chrome extension (the Classic one) and click "AutoFill". A new tab with the Support Community homepage opens instead of filling the login form. It happens only here, I haven't seen such behavior elsewhere.

1Password Version: 7.8.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pixycz – we changed the domain for our forum a while back. The current domain is https://1password.community/. Can you check your item and make sure that's the URL saved in it?

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member

I guess everything is correct here. But clicking AutoFill just opens a new tab and fills nothing. I have to copy/paste to sign in.

• Hello @pixycz,

Thank you for your screenshot. can you please try these steps and let me know the 1Password extension you currently have in Chrome.

Open your browser > copy and paste this text to the browser's address bar: chrome://extensions/ > Press enter / Return. You should see either "1Password - Password Manager" or "1Password extension (Desktop app required)". If you have both, you can remove the "1Password - Password Manager" and keep "1Password extension (Desktop app required)" and try again.

That said, "1Password - Password Manager" is our new extension that has a better saving and filling ability, so I recommend you to give it a try. However, for the best experience, please use the 1Password icon in the browser to save and fill websites instead of the 1Password mini in the menu bar.

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member

Hello, @Nhat_Nguyen,

I can tell you without looking to settings. I have both extensions, keeping one enabled and the other disabled. As a web developer (see the other thread) I need both and have switch between them while testing.

Do you thing just the existence of the new 1Pwd extension, if if it's disabled, may interefer with the classis extension behavior?

• Hello @pixycz,

Thank you for getting back. You are correct. When you have the new 1Password in your browser, using the 1Password mini in the browser toolbar will open a new tab as described in your inquiry.

If you need to use both extensions for testing purposes, we can circumvent this issue by using the 1Password icon in your browser only and avoid the 1Password in the menu bar. Or use the 1Password mini only when you disable "1Password - Password Manager."

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member

OK, I've uninstalled the othe extension completelly and the classic one works correctly now. I'm going to use another Chrome profile for testing purposes.

Anway, it's really strange behavior, if a disabled extension affects the behavior of another extensions.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @pixycz, thank you for the update!

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member

Hi,
    I have only the classic extension now, but today the same behavior started again, and it happens everywhere. If I click "Autofill" a new tab with the target page is opened instead.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pixycz:

Can you please share with a numbered list of steps to reproduce? We will be happy to test this too, and see if we can reproduce this behavior :+1:

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

Would a video work for you?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qma4uvm6xm83mgy/Screen Recording 2021-06-30 at 20.03.55.mov?dl=0

It behaves the very same at any other site.

• @pixycz

Can you try the following and let me know if re-establishing native messaging between 1Password and Chrome resolves the issue for you?

1. Quit 1Password completely by holding Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar beside the  logo.
    2. Quit Chrome.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes.

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member

OK, it helped, thank you!

Could you explain a bit what happened and how to tell the symptoms?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

We're glad to hear that helped @pixycz .

Restarting 1Password and Chrome is the first step to try when experiencing any and all problems, and is easier than restarting your computer. That's why Chantelle suggested it above :)

If the issue would have persisted, we would investigate and see if the other 1Password extension was somehow installed back into your Chrome because the symptoms are quite spot on for that scenario.

This discussion has been closed.