configure generate password

harczuk
harczuk
Community Member

How do you configure how 1password generates passwords? I need to limit it to 16 characters. If used to be obvious on how to do this. I don't see this in the help section either. I am a long time user, this needs to be obvious.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:configure generate

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @harczuk!

Are you trying to do this from the 1Password for Mac app, or from the browser extension? If it's from the browser extension, which version are you using?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No worries @harczuk, thank you for the update! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Dirtydeedz
    Dirtydeedz
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

So how do you do this? I want to add symbols to my generated passwords; but, all I get are alpha-numeric. I see how to do it if I login to the web browser/passwords/new password. I'm talking about when 1Password offers to generate a password automatically.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Dirtydeedz:

In your browser extension settings, make sure that the password generator option that you like is marked as default:

This way, 1Password will use these options also when it automatically generates a password for you in the inline menu below form fields.

This discussion has been closed.