One account is always locked after one day while the other stays unlocked

Options

I work on a iMac with Big Sur (11.4) and the Chrome ( 91.0.4472.114) browser extension. I use two 1Password accounts: one is my personal und one is my work account. With the extension I have to log in the work account every day, while the login in my personal account stays unlocked.

For clarification: I don't speak about unlocking the extension itself. I do this multiple times a day, but often I miss important work logins and then realize that the extension is unlocked, but I'm only logged in my personal webaccount and not in the work account, so the work logins doesn't show up in the extension.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: macOS 11.4
Sync Type: Web

Comments

• @nsah

To confirm, do you have both your personal and work accounts added to 1Password for Mac?

• nsah
    nsah
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, both accounts are added to 1Password for Mac. And as today is a new day, after I unlocked the browser extension I again only get access to the logins from my privat account and nothing from my work account, while in 1Password for Mac I get all logins from the work and the personal account.

Every day I have to click on the preferences in the browser extension and click on:

... to unlock the work account and get access to all logins in the browser extension.

It's a little bit annoying and wasn't the case with the old browser extension.

PS: But I think the new Chrome browser extension syncs directly with the web accounts and not with the local app?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nsah ,

The new extension now connects to the desktop app as well, but in your case it sounds like it doesn't.
    If you lock the extension, then input the work account's Master Password, does it unlock the work account but keeps the private account locked?

If so, we need to troubleshoot why the extension is not connecting to your desktop app:

1. Make sure that in the extension's settings page, the "Integrate with 1Password app" feature is turned on.
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Open and unlock the desktop app first.
    4. Open Chrome and wait a few moments. If the extension unlocks by itself, then you should be good to go.

In case the extension did not unlock by itself, please send us the following to support+x@1password.com :

This discussion has been closed.