No options for identity -- address, phone, etc

Options
siplhium
siplhium
Community Member
edited July 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I've noticed that on many -- if not most -- web ordering (and similar) forms, I don't see any 1Password option to use an identity to fill in my name, address, etc. This used to work quite well when I used Chrome's autofill feature, but now I have that shut off in favor of 1Password. Except the latter rarely works. What are the ingredients necessary to having this feature actually work? Or put differently, what prevents it from working? I'm really growing tired of having to fill these fields in manually all the time when it should be done in a more automated way.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 2.0.4
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @siplhium!

Can you please share a URL where this is not working for you, so we can test it too?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@siplhium 1Password doesn't automatically collect your autocomplete details like Chrome. Have you added the details you want autofilled to an identity item? I think there was one automatically generated when I created my 1password.com account, but it only had my name and email address. You need to add your delivery address, etc.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think siplhium might already have an Identity item:

I don't see any 1Password option to use an identity to fill in my name, address, etc.

It sounds like the problem is that the option to fill an Identity item on a webpage is not coming up for some reason (I am assuming this is in the 1Password inline menu below form fields). But I agree, any more details will help so we can take a closer look :+1: :)

And should the issue really be that there is no Identity item saved in 1Password, this documentation page might be useful to anyone stumbling on this discussion in the future:

Save and fill credit cards and addresses

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana This morning I tried ordering an item from Guitar Center.
    @rootzero Yes, I mentioned identities in my question. I have a couple of identities with all of that info.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Do your identity items show in the list of suggestions when you click on the 1Password extension icon in the toolbar? If you hover over the identity in the list of suggestions does it offer to autofill?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@siplhium:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please share the full URL of the form you were using, so we make sure to test the same one?

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member
    Options

The url is https://www.guitarcenter.com/checkout?_requestid=1766442

But that's not going to help you -- it's a web app You have to put an item in your cart, then select checkout as guest. (that's what I did). then you get the form to fill in your name, address, etc.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@siplhium:

Thank you. I have tested the guest checkout feature on the website, and I was able to fill every field in the order form using an Identity item, even though it's not showing up below the form fields (notice the blue fields):

What happens exactly if you click on the First Name entry in the order form, then click the 1Password browser extension button and click the Autofill button inside your Identity item?

This discussion has been closed.