Login issues with browser extension update (Chrome)

Options
2»

Comments

• MACGK22
    MACGK22
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron: Thanks for the May 31 post on resetting desktop/browser integration. Resolved some major frustration!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MACGK22 – Thanks for letting us know that did the trick for you! ❤️

• parabellum
    parabellum
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a FAQ / summary of this common issue anywhere? I have exactly the same issue. 1Password X worked perfectly (more or less) for years and for the past month or so it just randomly spins and never unlocks.
    I've removed and re-added which fixes it for a short time, but entropy always wins eventually.

• Hey @parabellum. There's not currently, but I'm curious of a few things:

1. Would you be willing to try the beta and let me know if it improves your state of play?

https://support.1password.com/betas/#install-a-beta-release-of-1password-in-your-browser

1. If the issue persists with the beta, could you please send a console log to support+x@1password.com so we can take a closer look?

https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

• parabellum
    parabellum
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed the beta (in Chrome) and it has been good for a week or so. Today there was a Chrome update and after that (and restarting the browser) the issue recurred. I uninstalled and reinstalled the beta and problem disappeared again.

Unfortunately I forgot to get the console log before doing that. Wanted to return to this page to find the instructions, but I needed to log back in, so inadvertently erased the problem while getting password filling working again. Will bookmark for next time.

• @parabellum

Of course! Feel free to let us know if you continue to have any issues. I do hope that you'll have smooth sailing from here on out, though! :)

This discussion has been closed.