How to issue an access token with write permission

Options
Hao
Hao
Community Member

Hi there. We just started to use 1Password secret automation to manage the credentials used in our CI. It works great as a static credential vault. However due to the security requirement, we need to rotate the credentials every week. Currently this could only be done manually, that is, generate a token(either SSH key or just a token from other application), then copy it to 1Password. I was trying to automate this process but only to find that the access token generated by 1Password secret automation only has read access. It's interesting that though I was given the opportunity to select the permission while creating the token, read is the only available option. Is this intended or is there a hidden way to create token with write permission?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hao
    Hao
    Community Member
    Options

Ah I figured out! It's because I didn't give it enough permission when adding vault to this integration. Problem solved!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @Hao, and for sharing how you solved it with the community! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• (I'm a developer for the Secrets Automation project)

Thanks for the feedback! We're working on making the 2-part permission configuration a little more intuitive :+1:

This discussion has been closed.