Enable 1password extension on standalone app

Options

I have a windows 10 laptop with 1Password 7.7.810 that I cannot get the browser extension to work with edge. When I install it 1Password asks me to logon. How do I get the extension to work.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let us know if the suggestion from rootzero helped @MikeV99, or if you have any other questions :+1: :)

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

I have classic installed but when I click on the icon I get "Looking for the 1Password helper
    The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly." "Couldn’t connect to 1Password
    Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension. Follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us."

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikeV99:

Can you try the following commands and see if they work for you?

1. Press the Windows Key + R to open a run dialogue.
    2. Type 1Password --setup and press enter to run it.

This should help the extension connect again to the 1Password for Windows desktop app. Let us know how it goes!

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

Error parsing arguments: opw-command-line\src\lib.rs.197\failure to parse command line

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikeV99:

The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent the report. The error happens every time. Others in the Chrome 1PW extension site report similar problems.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikeV99:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: DKZ-78414-674

This discussion has been closed.