Feature Request: Simpler way to save 2FA/MFA backup codes

Options
Ryan Parman
Ryan Parman
Community Member

One of the areas of tedium I often encounter is managing the backup codes that are generated when I setup 2FA/MFA on a new account. They always tell you to print, but c'mon — it's 2021. I haven't owned a printer in years. I could generate a PDF then store it someplace safe, but that someplace safe is 1Password.

Yes, I know that having the backup codes next to the (T)OTP itself is a little redundant, but I've experienced a case where my TOTP code fell out of sync with a vendor, and needed the backup codes to login and re-sync so, y'know, shit happens.

What I would love to see is the ability to select the codes on the webpage, copy them, switch to 1Password (in edit mode for the Login entry), and paste. 1Password would be smart enough to resolve the \t and \n or \r\n characters, and store them as hidden/password entries in a new Section of the Login entry. (Capitalized words are specific areas in the 1Password UI.)

1Password Version: 7.8.6 (70806001)
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: macOS 11.5 Beta (20G5052c)
Sync Type: iCloud + 1P Family

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ryan Parman!

Thank you for the suggestion! I know that our developers have an open issue to discuss this, so I will let them know that you would also find this useful :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#212

This discussion has been closed.